Based in Minsk, Belarus and Houston, USA
3 December, 2015
About Pocket Troops
Pocket Troops is a charmingly strategic war game with unique experience where no trooper dies in battle. Players step into the role of Commander as they recruit, train and equip their ideal army to enter into highly anticipated bite-sized battles. The way troopers perform in battle is a direct result of the skills they’ve acquired and developed. Commanders have to strategize how to uniquely approach each battle based on the enemy’s strengths and troopers’ equipment. Players can choose either Player vs. Player, where they’ll compete with other armies from around the world, or Player vs. Environment, in which they’ll have to defeat Professor Evil in narrative-driven missions.
A Different Kind of War Game
Pocket Troops was inspired by our idea to make an uplifting and humor-ridden war game that doesn’t take itself too seriously. We wanted to invoke a feeling of familiarity: utilizing musical instruments often not found in war games, casual and cartoonish graphics, witty one-liners and tough stylish characters. Pocket Troops is a unique experience that cultivates humor, while being in a comfortable yet adrenaline pumping battle environment. Although the battles are small in nature, pulling of a win feels epic. Riddled with war-time humor the game is felt aesthetically familiar yet creates a unique experience for players, while redefining what the war game genre means.
- Humor-filled, family-friendly tactical war game with indirect troop control
- Pixel-perfect graphics designed with personality and care
- Six trooper classes, base upgrades, weapons collections, and improvements
- Handcrafted music and sound effects often not found in war games
- Battle locations inspired by and based on New York, Tokyo, London and other legendary cities
- PvP challenges and narrative-driven PvE missions with cinematic cutscenes
- Entrenched with good-natured war-time fun and self-irony.
Gameplay Teaser YouTube
Cinematic Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Best Mobile Game Finalist" DevGAMM Hamburg, 2015
- "Best Unity Game Finalist" DevGAMM Moscow, 2015
- "Excellence in Audio Finalist" DevGAMM Moscow, 2014
- "The game looks to have a lot of personality and care"
- Brian Fargo, "Fallout" executive producer
- "A little bit of humor mixed with strategic battles brings back some of the qualities we’ve always loved in earlier mobile games"
- John Kim, Gamemob
- "Pocket Troops isn’t an official Expendables game, but we’ll be damned if it doesn’t look right in that realm"
- Jim Squires, Gamezebo
Gameplay Main Theme available for free from dropbox.com.
We're team of fun-loving developers and pixel lovers, geeks, nerds, gamers, designers, PM’s and a guinea pig named Boris. We build our games slowly and definitely pay too much attention to details.
More information on Heyworks, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Pocket Troops Credits
Boris The Guinea Pig